CAD Data Protection with HALOCAD – Part 2
1. HALOCAD support for Web-Based and Client/Server PLM ApplicationsA Product Lifecycle Management (PLM ) application suite is designed to help users track all information around product design, production, and consumption. It integrates all technology and systems throughout the product life cycle, from design to procurement and manufacturing steps. HALOCAD ® supports both web-based and client/server PLM application suite.
2. HALOCAD support for Embedded Visualization for PLM Applications
Product visualization that involves viewing and manipulation of 3D models, technical drawings, and other related documentation of manufactured components and large assemblies. HALOCAD® supports embedded visualization for PLM applications helping to overcome hurdles in the production of 3D content.
3. HALOCAD support for CAD Viewers
CAD viewers offer users the ability to view, annotate, and sometimes edit various CAD file types such as DWG, STL, DXF, and IGES. HALOCAD® supports encrypted files viewing and controls save and print access in CAD viewers.
4. HALOCAD Reader support for CAD
HALOCAD® Reader is a free standalone add-on for native CAD applications. It can read-protected files and always enforce “read-only” privileges for users who have at the minimum view rights. Labels cannot be set or changed by these rules.
5. CAD design classification rules in PLM to encrypt file exports
Automating the classification process is one of the most efficient ways to ensure that your data stays secure wherever it resides. HALOCAD® helps to attach designated labels automatically based on the classification rules set. The user does not need to make a decision.
6. Protection of MS Office, PDF exports from PLM applications
File transfers are important for business continuity. PLM systems may also contain various non-CAD files related to designs. Often employees export files and share them with teammates, customers, and partners. However, during such transfers and exports, there is a possibility of cyber-attacks. Therefore, files need to be protected during such transfers. HALOCAD automatically applies MIP labels to protect files during checkout from the PLM applications.
7. Protection of PDF File Exports from CAD Applications
HALOCAD® is integrated with Microsoft’s MIP SDK which extends the data protection beyond the organization’s perimeter. HALOCAD® not only integrates as a MIP SDK add-in into the content authoring environment but also works as an add-on to the content repository. When the user exports a CAD model or drawings into PDF format, our Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution encrypts the pdf file with appropriate labels as per the organization’s policy.
8. Protection of Assembly File Exports from CAD and PLM Applications
File transfers are important for business continuity. PLM systems may also contain various non-CAD files related to designs. Often employees export files and share them with teammates, customers, and partners. However, during such transfers and exports, there is a possibility of cyber-attacks. Therefore, files need to be protected during such transfers. HALOCAD® automatically applies MIP labels to protect files during checkout from the PLM applications.
9. Disable and enable menu controls on CAD applications
HALOCAD also supports disabling and enabling of menu icons in CAD workspace based on the assigned sensitivity label.
10. HALOCAD provides label usage controls
Users are granted particular rights within applications, such as the ability to only view, edit, print, copy or screen capture sensitive information.
11. HALOCAD enables custom label definition
Authorized MIP managers can define custom labels with select privileges, label expiry date and share files with designated users.
12. Label assignment management for components in CAD assembly
The main purpose of data classification is to set the security controls applied to a particular data type based on its classification label. HALOCAD enables application of appropriate labels for security management of the components in CAD assembly.
13. Watermarking feature with sensitivity label name for supported CAD applications
Watermarks offer a perfect solution to augment your information security practices, providing a visual deterrent to data loss. HALOCAD supports rendering of the sensitivity label name as a watermark for those CAD applications which support watermarking.
14. Multiple file extension support for CAD applications
HALOCAD supports the following file formats.
- Autodesk AutoCAD : .dwg, .dxf
- Autodesk Inventor: .ipt, .iam, .idw, .ipn
- Autodesk RIVET: .rvt, .rfa
- PTC Creo: .asm, .prt, .mfg, .drw, .frm, .lay, .sec
- Siemens NX: .prt, .jt
- Siemens Solid Edge: .par, .psm, .asm, .dft
- Dassault Solid Works: .sldprt, .sldasm, .slddrw, .slddrt
- Bentley MicroStation: .dgn
- CAD Neutral formats: .step, .iges
15. HALOCAD support for neutral formats like STEP, IGES, and Parasolid extensions
HALOCAD supports encryption for CAD translator file types like IGES, STEP, etc., and facilitates interoperability across CAD platforms.
16. HALOCAD support for selected PLM-multi-CAD integrations
HALOCAD DRM now extends data-centric security across PLM and Multi-CAD integrations. It now supports the following PLM Multi-CAD integrations:
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – NX Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – Solid Edge Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – SolidWorks Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – Creo Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – AutoCAD Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – Creo Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – Solid Edge Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for AutoDesk Vault – AutoCAD Integration
17. HALOCAD supports PLM-CAD interface menu options
HALOCAD supports enabling/disabling of menu options in PLM-CAD integration based on assigned labels for selected PLM-CAD application suite.
18. Bulk data protection in file share locations
HALOCAD offers bulk data protection in the file share locations.
In this two-part blog series, we delved into detail about some of the key use cases for advanced CAD data protection. Although the use cases may change depending on the complexity of the customer’s security landscape, the above-listed use cases are some of the common requirements we receive from our customers. If you are looking for custom use cases for protecting your intellectual CAD drawings and designs within and outside your IT perimeter, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org