5 Telltale signs your business needs to evaluate Remote Proof of concept (POC)
Digital transformation ushers in new technologies that can increase the performance and profitability of an organization. But this requires a thoughtful evaluation of solutions.
A Proof of concept (POC) is a common approach used by organizations to assess the viability of a software product in solving a particular business need. It is also the safest way to refine user experience and processes.
This technique is also used to leverage and gain feedback about a particular product/solution from business users to eliminate the risk factor of the development of wanted and unwanted features.
But launching a POC can also be an intimidating task and is not without common pitfalls. We have captured a few challenges that one faces while conducting a POC.
1. Identifying the right team
It is important to get the right people involved. It is advisable to have a team instead of a single player. Ideally, the team should comprise of the following people:
- The influencer – who influences or makes the go/no-go decision at the POC sign off
- The process specialist – who clarifies the scope
- The technical specialist – who validates the integration of the new software with the future-state architecture
- The hands-on-expert who understands both the industry and business processes involved
- The account executive – who introduces the right resources at the right time
2. Properly scoping the project
It is always important to keep the result in mind while scoping the project. If you scope too much, the project will be more complex and difficult to handle and if you scope too little you may miss out key aspects. It is important to answer some of these questions before you begin the scope.
- What are we trying to achieve?
- What is wrong with the way we are doing it now?
- What is the value we are trying to get?
- Who will maintain when it is live?
3. Getting a readiness review
Every solution has a set of pre-requisites that has to be discussed with the customer to make sure the environment and their people are ready. A proper readiness review ensures maximum productivity at the start of the POC engagement.
4. Clarifying the next steps in the beginning
Having clarity on the next steps improves the planning and prioritization of key resources at milestone dates. It also increases the trust element in the partnership.
Mapping of resources ahead of time will help to get the buy-in and the commitment from the people you need and ensures all requirements both data and technology are met before you begin the POC.
5. Properly documenting and measuring the results
It is important to decide and document key process measures that indicate whether or not your process meets the expectations and needs.
It is important to document how much time does it take for a step to complete? What effort, people, and facilities are needed to complete the job? Step back and review the results. Compare the results with the expectations and see how much is met (or did not meet) the success criteria you have defined.
While a successful POC can lead to a long-term relationship it is not without its complications and pitfalls. Since many POCs require on-site work, it is time–consuming and includes a lot of back and forth, while a virtual POC demonstration would make life easy for both the sales team and prospective customers.
You can eliminate all these challenges by using SECUDE’s G.A.R.D.EN (Global Application Remote Demo Environment).
What is SECUDE GARDEN?
SECUDE GARDEN is a self-service POC environment that eliminates steep capital costs and logistical pitfalls of traditional POCs and improves operational efficiency, remote usability, agility, and responsiveness.
SECUDE GARDEN eliminates manual steps and complex configurations, shortens the sales cycle time, and increases productivity.
SECUDE’s G.A.R.D.EN offers the following:
- An accessible self-service portal with a pre-defined POC environment
- User–Defined/ customization
- Ability to handle complex demo scenarios
- Permission Management
- Reporting and accounting so that there is maximum utilization of resources
- Eliminates Infrastructure sprawl and chaos
- No technology lock-in
- Lower infrastructure and IT cost
To know more about SECUDE’s G.A.R.D.EN and how you can accelerate your sales cycles, reduce your POC costs and increase revenue by automating the provision of your demo environment contact and our solution consultants would be happy to set up remote POC environment for you.
Comments are closed.