SECUDE Extends Data-centric Security Across PLM and Multi-CAD Integrations
LUCERNE, SEPTEMBER 2021: SECUDE, a leading Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions provider based on Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP) today announced that its flagship product HALOCAD® extends data-centric security across PLM and Multi-CAD integrations.
Today, organizations face two different types of challenges:
- The trend towards anywhere, anytime access to information has significantly changed the business environment globally. Due to changing business dynamics, the business environment is becoming borderless.
- Acquisitions, mergers, and bifurcations happen quite often leading to challenges in the IT landscape due to the multi-CAD environment. This puts the associated data in the high-risk.
Clearly, the traditional wall-and-fortress security measures are rendered less effective against the rising sophisticated threats. In this fast-moving environment, detecting and monitoring what happens beyond the bounds of the fortress has become an essential security capability. There is a need for a strong security layer with Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM) capabilities like Microsoft Azure as the foundation and a data-centric security solution like HALOCAD that protects the sensitive Intellectual Property data across CAD platforms.
SECUDE’s HALOCAD DRM now extends data-centric security across PLM and Multi-CAD integrations. It now supports the following PLM Multi-CAD integrations:
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – NX Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – Solid Edge Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – SolidWorks Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for Siemens Teamcenter – Creo Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – AutoCAD Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – Creo Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for SAP ECTR – Solid Edge Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for AutoDesk Vault – AutoCAD Integration
- HALOCAD® Add-on for AutoDesk Vault – Inventor Integration
Key benefits of HALOCAD DRM include:
- It leverages single-source of truth in PLM and provides a holistic encryption strategy across CAD integrations
- Strengthens PLM multi-CAD integration with data protection using AIP
- Supports encryption for CAD translator file types (IGES, STEP, etc) and facilitates interoperability across CAD platforms.
“The future of work is digital and remote. This creates a complicated heterogeneous environment and new security challenges”, says Holger Huegel, VP Technology, SECUDE. “Poor data protection practices often result in information mismanagement and the data winds up unprotected. SECUDE’s HALOCAD uses Microsoft Information Protection to provide dynamic data protection to secure IP in CAD and PLM environments. HALOCAD’s dynamic data protection capabilities ensure that security controls persist wherever the files reside. With the new seamless integrations data can be shared across the globe with confidence” he added.
SECUDE is an established global security solutions provider offering innovative IT data protection for users of SAP software.
Founded in 1996, SECUDE maintained a close SAP technology partnership and became a reliable resource for security solutions for the SAP market with ‘Single Sign-On’ for SAP, which was acquired by SAP in 2011. With a focus on making business process for data protection efficient and automated with little or no user interference, SECUDE’s goal is to provide ease of use while minimizing the cost of rollout and operations.
Leveraging its 20-plus years of experience in SAP security and business process know-how in protecting enterprise IP and data, SECUDE launched HALOCORE® as a holistic approach to protect SAP data exports.
In 2019, SECUDE launched HALOCAD® to protect invaluable IP in the form of CAD files in SAP and non-SAP environments.
SECUDE’s solutions are trusted by many Fortune 500 and DAX listed companies. With branches in Europe, North America and Asia, SECUDE supports customers with the implementation of IT security strategies through a global network. For more information, visit www.secude.com and follow our social media channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Comments are closed.